DENTAL ASSISTANT FOR SCHOOL BASED SERVICES & OUTREACH PROGRAM
Lindquist Dental Clinic for Children (LDCC) has immediate openings for two experienced
dental assistants to assist in our innovative School Based Services (SBS) program, other
community outreach events, and in our dental clinic in Parkland. This is an exciting position with
the opportunity to go “where the children are” to provide services. LDCC is a private, non-profit
dental practice under new clinical management.
Lindquist partners with the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department to support schools in
Pierce County and the clinic also participates in many other community outreach and educational
events. The SBS dental assistants will be responsible for organizing and loading materials and
driving a minivan to the schools and other outreach locations. Once at the offsite location, they
will assist a lead dental hygienist with setup, record keeping, and organizing materials.
Dental assistants will work with our hygienists in the clinic, in the schools, and at other
community outreach events with priority given to the SBS and outreach components of the
position. If you enjoy working with children, have a positive attitude, and would like to use your
Dental Assisting skills to work in the community and for the community, LDCC may be the
place for you.
* Graduate from an accredited Dental Assistant program
* Hold a Washington State Dental Assistant registration
* Able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
* Able and willing to work with diverse patient and staff populations
* Computer literate (Dentrix scheduling a plus)
* Successfully pass a background check
* Valid Washington State driver’s license
* Able to lift up to 45lbs.
* Able to safely drive a minivan
Bilingual skills in Russian or Spanish is a plus.
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please send a cover letter and resume
Compensation & Benefits:
Lindquist Dental Clinic for Children is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate
in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or
Vietnam era, or other protected veteran. We are also an E-Verify program participant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8-hour shift
* Monday through Friday (occasional evening and weekends)
* High school diploma or equivalent (required)
* Graduate from an accredited Dental Assistant program (required)
* Dental Assisting: two years (preferred)
* Dental Assistant registration (required)
* Washington State Driver’s License (required)
Work Location: On site in Parkland (near Tacoma) when not in the schools or at other outreach
Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (required)