Your Safety Comes First…
Dear Lindquist Patients and Parents,
Welcome back to Lindquist Dental Clinic for Children. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety!
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies recommendations.
You will see some changes for your upcoming appointment and subsequent appointments. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. A few examples:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Please arrive 10 to 20 minutes early for your appointment so we can screen you. We will take each person’s temperature as you arrive at your appointment which may be canceled or postponed based on the answers to your screening questions and your temperature.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Anyone entering the office must bring a mask or face covering and wear at all times at the clinic. LDCC is not able to provide masks to patients or parents due to limited supplies.
- You may be asked to wait in your car due to limited space and spacing requirements.
- Due to limited space, and social distancing requirements, we ask that only one person accompany the patient into the office for each appointment. Another adult may accompany and can wait in the car with younger family members if needed.
- Due to this pandemic, we need to limit the number of people in our patient operatories. Therefore, we ask that parents with children over the age of 5, please remain in your car during the appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We are very excited to have you back at Lindquist and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we taken to keep you, your child, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Lindquist Dental Clinic for Children Team
Upon arrival and on-site temperature check, please be prepared to answer the following screening questions regarding the health of yourself and your child ( or save time by CLICKING HERE to download the screening form and fill it out before you arrive!)
- Do you have fever of have felt hot/feverish in the past 2-3 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 patients?
- Do you have a cough?
- Are you experiencing any flu-like symptoms such as upset stomach, headache, or fatigue?
- Are you experiencing a loss of taste or smell?
- Do you have any unexplained rash?
- Do you have shortness of breath?